Enable Multi-Sig Feature
- Go to main settings (on the home view, click the “setting” icon on the top right corner).
- Toggle the switch next to "Enable Multi-Signature". Now the multi-signature features are available on all accounts.
Make Account Multi-Sig
- Go to the relevant account and go to settings (click the “hamburger menu” icon on the top right corner and choose "Account Settings").
- Select "Multi-Signature".
- Select "Add Co-Signer" (on desktop devices) or "signers" (on mobile devices) on the top right corner of the page.
- Add the public key of the co-signer and enter the number of "required signatures" for every transaction.
- Select "Apply Changes" (desktop devices) or "Apply" (mobile devices) to confirm it.
"Required signatures" mean the number of accounts needed to authorize a transaction. For example, this could be 3/4 for an account that requires 75% approval to make a transaction.
- To remove a co-signer, simply select the "cross" icon next to the public key of the co-signer. Only the owner of the mult-sig account can remove/add co-signers.
Create Multi-Sig Transaction
- Follow the normal procedure to send payment.
- Owners of the co-signer account(s) should go to the account page and look for "Transactions to co-sign". Click the transaction you would like to co-sogn. If there is a password, type in password and press enter to authorize the transaction. If not, simply click "Confirm" to authorize the payment.
- After the required number of signatures have been made, the transaction will be executed.